Parts Needed To Build Your Own 10-Ton Hydraulic Hand Pump With Gauge.
*The reason so many parts are needed is that there are few, if any, easily sourced 1/4" NPT hydraulic gauge adapters rated to 10000 PSI. So we must buy a 3/8" NPT hydraulic gauge adapter and reduce it's fitting sizes down to 1/4" to work with the more affordable 10-ton hydraulic pumps like Strongway, Porta Power, Big Red (EU/UK), and others who use a smaller diameter hose to deliver the same tonnage as the more commercial grade pumps such as Enerpac. Every piece listed in this DIY build is rated for 10000 PSI working pressure.
First, a gauge adapter is required. Two common types are available, all-in-one or build your own
All-in-one 3/8" NPT Hydraulic Pressure Gauge Adapter with gauge 10000 PSI rated (Choose One)
- $50 - https://www.trick-tools.com/10_000_psi_Gauge_and_Fitting_Gauge_1633
- $264 - https://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/33722653
Build your own 3/8" NPT Hydraulic Pressure Gauge Adapter with 1/4" NPT gauge port 10000 PSI rated (no gauge) (Choose One)
- $57 - https://www.amazon.com/SPX-Power-Adapter-Female-Ports/dp/B00PCSF0HI
- $57 - https://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/59755207
- $66 - https://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/04843876
Second, a 1/4" NPT compatible 10-ton pump with hose and fitting, buy together or individually.
10-ton Hydraulic Pump with Hose 1/4" NPT (Choose One)
- $44 - https://www.ebay.com/p/10-Ton-Hydraulic-Jack-Hand-Pump-RAM-Replacement-for-PORTA-Power-Portable/1111814100?iid=251516313116&chn=ps
- $48 - https://www.walmart.com/ip/10-Ton-Hydraulic-Porta-Power-Pump/121047237
- $48 - https://jet.com/product/Hiltex-10-Ton-Hydraulic-Jack-Hand-Pump-Ram-Replacement-for-Porta-Power-Body-Shop-Tool/7c2bf9cc8d1749d4ba0c38675012e45f?
- $50 - https://www.ebay.com/p/PORTA-Power-Replacement-Hydraulic-Pump-Lever-10-Ton-20-000lbs-RAM-Frame-Machine/1995439136?iid=400801893452&chn=ps
- $60 - https://www.amazon.com/Goplus-Hydraulic-Hand-Pump-Replacement/dp/B01MYY9DD2
10-ton Hydraulic Pump (No Hose) 1/4" NPT (Choose One)
Third, you will need a 3/8" to 1/4" NPT Hydraulic Hose Bushing 10000 PSI rated to connect the hose into the gauge adapter. (Choose One)
- $11 - https://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/59755314
- $17 - https://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/04843827
Fourth, a 3/8" to 1/4" NPT Hydraulic Hose Adapter 10000 PSI rated to connect the gauge adapter into the hydraulic pump (Choose One)
- $20 - https://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/59755272
- $25 - https://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/04843793
Lastly, a pair of crescent wrenches and Teflon tape with a little muscle should get the job done.