Cannabis as Medicine
Cannabis as Medicine
Cannabis has been used medicinally by humans since at least 2737 BCE. It’s uses as a non-medicine, for cords dates back over 10,000 years. It’s history around the world is rich and full of industrial and medicinal uses by the native populations that cultivated in their home lands.
What makes Cannabis medicine? The main components of Cannabis that act on our endocannabanoid system (ECS) are up to 85 cannabanoids themselves, such as THC, CBD, THC-V, CBG, etc. These cannabanoids have many beneficial effects on the human body such as anti-inflammatory and anti-septic properties. There are also terpenes, and flavanoids which work through taste and smell and provide medicinal effects such as relaxation and alertness.
Presently, Cannabis is being used as medicine to treat a wide variety of symptoms and researchers are starting to learn that Cannabis can also be used as preventative medicine similar to taking supplements for deficiencies. The big two cannabanoids that seem to provide the widest range of relief to patients is THC (Tetrahydrocannabidol) and CBD (Cannabidiol). It is no surprise that the landrace varieties have the most exotic cannabanoid profiles. We see CBD in higher amounts when cannabis has been allowed to naturally propagate itself, for example. Human’s involvement in selective breeding of the cannabis plant has changed many aspects such as breeding out some cannabanoids, be it intentional or not, and increasing yields. For this reason, the landrace strains are still sought after for their unique and sometimes rare cannabinoid profiles.
THC is the psychoactive substance in Cannabis that is responsible for the euphoric effects, and relief of chronic pain in which Cannabis is most often prescribed. In fact, THC has a wide range of medicinal uses not only for treating pain, also sleep disorders, mood and behavior, gastrointestinal and potentially a wide range of diseases and disorders.
CBD is a non-psychoactive substance which is also found in Cannabis that is an effective anti-inflammatory. CBD has been used to treat issues such as anxiety, epilepsy, and pain, just to name a few.
When the cannabanoids are used in whole plant medicine you receive a full spectrum of benefits from the vast range of medicine available in the plant. This has been called the ensemble or entourage effect and can be noticed for example when THC and CBD are used in conjunction, the pain relief effects are improved, compared to their efficacy alone.
Due to the effects of the cannabanoids upon our ECS, a vast number of symptoms or diseases can be treated. While pain is the primary use for cannabis as medicine, it is also being used as a muscle relaxant, treating nausea, irritable bowel syndrome, and even as a replacement for over the counter NSAID’s which can not be taken by patients with kidney disease.
Cannabis is considered to be one of the safest natural medicines. For this reason, it is gaining popularity amongst users seeking relief from their symptoms. Cannabis is a natural medicine that has been used by humans for longer than written history. To this date, we do not know of any human who has ever consumed enough Cannabis to reach the LD-50 dose, because the quantity required is simply too much to quantify within even exaggerated use.
HOT BLOG POST
- Kief, Dry Sift, Trim, Bubble Hash Rosin Press
- Rosin Press for Bubble Hash, Dry Sift, Trim Getting High Yield
- Rosin Press Review - All in One Rosin Heat Press or Diy Rosin Heat Press Machine
- How to Collect Your Honey/Sappy Rosin from Parchment Paper?
- Cannabis as Medicine
- Dry Ice Sift and How to Make It
- What to Do With Those Pressed Pucks After the Rosin Extraction?
- Rosin Filters - Which Ones to Choose? When and How to Use Them?
- What Temperature Should I Press My Rosin at?
- Are You Doing Enough Before Buy A Rosin Press?
- Several Little Tricks to Achieve the Best Rosin Yield in Rosin Press
- DIY Rosin Press Kit
- PSI Calculations Assuming the Cylinder Effective Area of Driptech Rosin Press dp-hr10t35v
- How to Avoid Making Mistakes in Process of Solventless Rosin Extraction for Starter
- How Does Pressure Affect the Color and Yields of Rosin?
- Question and Answer When You Start to Press Rosin
- Solventless Rosin Extraction Paperless In Test
- 3 Ton Driptech Starter Rosin Press Products Review By Rosineer from Colorado U.S.A
- Dabpress 10 Ton Driptech Rosin Press Review Off Fuckcombustion.com
- Dabpress dp-hr10t35v Mini Driptech Rosin Press Review By Rosineer from US Alaska
For more information to improve your skills of rosin extraction as a rosineer and experience sharing, please read our blog or join our forum [ Dabpress Press Plates ] on Fuckcombustion. We always listen carefully to your real needs and experienced suggestions.
- We love to post your original contents on our website
- You are able to get freebies if your contents posted on our website
- We offer freebies if you re-post our contents on your social media if you have 1k followers
Please contact us via email@example.com